Virtual Thesis Expo
How to upload your degree project
Your degree online in 3 steps:
1 STEP - Register and receive username and password
2 STEP - Upload your project and dissertation (Images and text) and click Complete
3 STEP - Promote your project and enter the TOP 12 most voted projects
Read details below!
1st Step: Register in the database and confirm the registration
Register by filling out the application form completely.
You will then receive a first e-mail from email@example.com with a link asking you to confirm your registration and to accept the general conditions. If you cannot find the e-mail, please check your spam.
Read the General Conditions
2nd Step: Upload your project
You will receive a second e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a username and password to access your personal page. Your personal page allows you to upload and update your curriculum and your project.
On this page you can upload:
- One (1) Photo of yourself
- Résumé/ Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) selected images of the diploma work/thesis (max 500 kb each)
- Written presentation of the project in English, divided as follows:
- OBJECTIVES of the work (maximum of 2,000 characters)
- DEVELOPMENT, METHODOLOGY and TOOLS used for the work (maximum of 2,000 characters)
- CONCLUSIONS (maximum of 2,000 characters)
- Six (6) other images to complete the presentation (maximum of 500 kb each, *.*jpg format, no animations)
Once your project is ready for the publication, click "COMPLETE" on the top right side of the screen to verify that your page is ready to be published.
3rd Step: Promote your project and compete in the International Awards
Once the project is published it will be visible in the Degree Database and will be searchable on www.florence-expo.com. You can also promote your project through Facebook, Twitter and the main Social Network.
Visitors can vote for your project, allowing you to compete for the International Awards. Read on the "Awards" page what you can win for the 2014-2015 edition.
4th Step: Submit your work in a PowerPoint Presentation
All the projects published each year in the database can be entered into the Virtual Exhibition during the following year's Florence World Festival.
To participate, send your presentation to email@example.com, indicating your last name in the subject of the e-mail. The Power Point should be send maximum 15 days before the beginning of the Festival.
The PowerPoint Presentation requires:
- Five (5) slides of the work, using a standard form that can be uploaded by clicking here. Only presentations with this layout can be used and presented during the festival;
- The maximum size of the presentation is eight (8) MB. Anything larger will automatically be excluded from the presentation during the festival. The presentation must not have any animations.
- Your level of education, field of study and your last name (surname) must be included in the presentation file. Only presentations with the complete and correct file names will be used. For example: 3_Medicine_Surname, or PhD_Art_Surname.
*Please note that in order to present your project in Florence during the Festival, it is necessary that the project has been exposed on site, paying the fee of 50 euros. (Those who will be among the TOP 15 of the selected projects are exempt from paying this fee).
5th Step: Take advantage of other opportunities
Poster Display: You can exhibit a poster of your work in Florence during the Florence World Festival or during the Regional Festivals without the need to take part in the festivals, paying a poster display fee of 50 € (for the payment click here). Read how to exhibit your poster on the "Poster Display Page".
Degree Presentation: You can come to Florence to take part in the Florence World Festival, exhibit a poster with your work and also present your work directly to the audience, with the opportunity to win the "LIFE BEYOND TOURISM Smart Presentation Award." Read how to participate on the "Festival" page.
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION
Projects can be uploaded all year long on the Degree Database. Every edition lasts one year and the condition of participation can be subject to change between different editions.
The spots are limited for the poster display and the degree presentation. Ask about availability and book your space immediately!
Life Beyond Tourism Events-Soc. COMI SpA shall ensure maximum care in the conservation of the materials, yet it declines any responsibility for any damage or theft that both the digital and physical work may incur, and it shall be exempt from any responsibility in case of any negative consequences or damage.